Yep, it’s true, we’re hiring a local, full-time, super-awesome interactive designer/developer with WordPress experience. If you know what “The Loop” is, we would love to meet you. For those who haven’t a clue on who we are, we are Westwerk and we are WerkPress. We are looking for a super-awesome guy or gal to become the newest member of our growing team. Are you super-ridiculously-awesome?
Working alongside our team here at Westwerk, you will be responsible for designing, building, learning and breathing everything web/UI design and WordPress. You will be responsible for creating awe-inspiring, kick-awesome, pixel-perfect, pretty-yet-functional designs and absolutely beautiful code. Working on projects, both in small teams and alone. Additionally you would be responsible for interactive, creative, or traditional media work if it fits the bill.
You are the right person if you are out of school, a self-taught guru, or an experienced professional looking for an awesome team to be a part of. You might be the type of person that names fonts when they see them, you notice when things are off by 1 pixel — you’re an ultra nerd that way — but we would love you for it. You love typography, despise bad color palettes, and can overcome the most complex things we throw at you. Here’s what things you’re good at:
- You have strong WordPress and CSS skills (No WYSIWYGs here please, you need to know how to code)
- You are extremely proficient in Photoshop, and Illustrator is your good friend
- You have a pixel-perfect attention to detail
- You get in-depth HTML and CSS code
- You work well as part of a team, but are proactive on your own
- You can manage your workload like a boss
- You can maybe teach us a thing or two
- You can work on site in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- You like challenges and love to learn!
If you have these bonus skills, all the more awesome:
- Understanding of web hosting
- PHP & WordPress Plugin development experience
- Any creative & agency experience
- Mobile experience
- You love WordPress as much as we do
This will be determined on your skill and experience. Let us know what your expected salary might be. This is a full-time, contract gig right at our office in NE Minneapolis — with the potential to hire.
Enough of the drawn out, cheeky-fun copy. If you want to apply to join our team, fill in the form below. Be sure to tell us about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit and what makes you super-ridiculously-awesome. What you should send us:
- Details of your design background/Resume
- Links to previous work, portfolio, dribbble etc
- What makes you the right fit
- How we can contact you
Read more about who we are here.